Sunday 3 July 2011

Death By Chocolate

Ever since my friend Carla baked me a Chanel shaped birthday cake with the buttery-est most delectable icing I have ever tasted, I've had baked goods on the brain. So instead of going to yoga this morning, which would have been a far better option for my waistline, I instead scoured the internet for the perfect cookie / brownie / cake mutation that would satisfy my cravings. And boy did I find it.


Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups plain
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups dark chocolate chips

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greaseproof paper.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

This recipe made enough to fill two tupperware containers so I'm taking one lot in to work tomorrow - otherwise I'm guaranteed to eat the lot myself, and nobody wants that.

Cx


(Image from Cupcakes and Cashmere, recipe from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment